tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 23 12:33:42 1997

Re: double-booking of suffix positions

At 12:40 PM 11/22/97 -0800, SuStel wrote:
> [...]
[...]
>Stop complaining.  Stop thinking about what Klingon cannot do, and start
>thinking about what it *can* do.  What exactly is your *point* in
>complaining, anyway?

As someone guilty at times of complaining, I'd just like to pass on an
observation.  I became a lot less dissatisfied with Klingon when I started
writing directly in it, instead of translating from a previously-composed
English example.  You get into the Klingon mindset that way, you only
use grammar that's already established, and your complaints vanish (or
at least lessen a lot).  That's been my experience, anyway.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level