tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 21 20:25:07 1997

Re: Hol chenmoHwi'pu' (was: Re: KLBC: insulting)

At 01:39 97-11-21 -0800, you wrote:
}  Qov wrote:-
}> No one here predicted using jIH as the possessive for nouns of relative
}> position (i.e. we must say {jIH Dung} not {DungwIj} for "the area above
}> me.") and I don't remember ever hearing anyone doubt that possessive
}> suffixes could be used on such nouns. ...
}
}  Sorry: but please what is the printed source reference for that rule?

KGT p. 24.  The usage we assumed is classed as regional, and a usage we
didn't suspect is correct ta' Hol.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level