tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 18 15:42:39 1997

Re: Grammar Page

lab Joel Peter Anderson
> On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Robyn Stewart wrote:
> > The best place to learn Klingon grammar really is in TKD. If you
> > have a credit card, you can buy it on the web from
> > http://www.kli.org/kli/Merchant.phtml, .....
>
> I agree and recommended the same to this correspondent in private
> email. I did also note that I provide an *extremely* brief intro to
> Klingon for my class on constructed languages at
> http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/4854 under the class headed
> "Klingon 1".

This page isn't, in my opinion, a violation of intellectual property,
because it presents what have become facts in a way quite differently
from the way Marc Okrand presented them.  Qochba' Paramount
*lawyer*pu'.

The page isn't full of errors, either (I only noticed two, both
instances where {-Daq} is spelled {*-DaQ}).  It obviously contains
some simplifications, but it's better than a kick in the head or an
episode of Star Trek, if you don't have TKD.

Robyn Stewart                     [email protected]
NLK Technical Library  ph. (604) 689-0344 fax (604) 443-1000
NLK Consultants Inc. 855 Homer Street, Vancouver BC  V6B 5S2

Back to archive top level