tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 17 23:17:37 1997

Re: plans

In a message dated 97-11-11 08:46:44 EST, charghwI' answers ghunchu'wi";

<< > Well, I'm not *completely* sure that a question can never be the object
of
 > another sentence.

 Well, as I noted earlier, I suspect that certain verbs might
 work better than {Sov}. For example, I think it works with
 {jang}, as in {yuch Soppu' 'Iv 'e' vIjanglaHbe'.} Even that
 sounds strange to me, but not nearly as strange as anything else
 presented, since the second verb does address the question and
 not a pseudorelational pronoun/question word, and it is not a
 direct quotation in the usual sense. >>

----------------peHruS here:

The reason I would not choose to use {jang} as an example is that it is a
verb of speaking.  At least I use it according to the same tlhIngon Hol
grammar rules I apply to {jatlh}, {ghel}, etc. regarding NOT taking the
quotation itself as object.

Back to archive top level