tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 18 21:05:36 1997

Re: Plans

peHruS rurmeH ja'pu' charghwI':
> "...I'm merely attempting to point out, ever so clearly
> that 1 + 1 can also = 3."

jang peHruS:
>bIQeH'a'
>qatlh qoH DaDa
>1 + 1 = 3 rurbe'chu' vuDwIj

ngoD Daghovbe', peHruS, 'ach rurchuqbej qechmeyvam.
Duy'bejbogh pab Dalo'taHvIS, DaQIjHa'taH.
<jIlugh> bImaqtaH.  <choyajHa'> bIqaptaH.
'ach pIyajchu', 'ej bIlughbe'chu'.

nap ghu':  qech DamughmeH mu' muj Dalo'law'taH.
qechvaD lughlaH mu' chaq jIHvaD 'e' DaponlaH.
'ach qech Daja'meH pab muj Dalo'ba'taHmo' je, bIlujbej.

Please don't take this as an attack against you personally.  I will
use similarly strong words against anyone trying to argue like this.
It's as if your argument revolves around the fact that you're using
a plus sign and you keep insisting that the arithmetic textbook says
that a plus sign indicates addition, but you keep missing the simple
fact that *division* is called for in the case being discussed, and
whenever someone points out that 12 divided by 4 is equal to 3, you
accuse them of confusing division with addition and repeat your odd
insistence that 12 plus 4 equals 16, even though the problem involves
computing how many horses you can shoe if you have a dozen horseshoes.

Back to archive top level