tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 16 10:09:38 1997

DOW (was Re: KLBC introducing myself)

ja' muHwI':
>{rIvSo'} is in German the same word as {QIn}!!!

The German translation of TKD -- "Das offizielle W�rterbuch" -- seems
to be lacking in precision and detail.  It gives {rIvSo'} as "Botschaft"
with no further explanation.

I don't know German, so I can't do a real critique of it.  However, a
brief glance at DOW's addendum shows "Oberkommando" translated variously
as {la'quv}, {ra'ghomquv}, and {yejquv}.  (The original TKD gives these
as "High Commander", "High Command", and "High Council", respectively.)

Strangely, DOW fails to identify most words as nouns or verbs.  It does
specify adverbials and numbers, though {wejpuH} is labeled as (Num.) :-/

I found enough apparent vocabulary problems and recognizable typographical
errors, minor and major, to make me distrust it completely. :-(

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level