tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 15 03:48:18 1997

Re: Macbeth

At 06:03 97-11-14 -0800, qelayn wrote:
}
}Just a simple query, is anyone else out there translating 'Macbeth' to
}Klingon, if so I'd love to here from you. I think that 'Macbeth'
}<maqbetlh> is a more Klingon play than Hamlet because, as was said,
}Hamlet takes some time to get going, for the killing to start and the
}curses to be poured. 'Macbeth' does have some pensive and quiet scenes
}but they are more than compensated for by the multitude of murders,
}deaths and supernatural confrontations. It is a play of true power.

jIQochbe'chu'.  tlhIngan Hol vIghojchoHDI' Maqbet vImugh vIneH.  'ach
Qatlhqu' Qu'.  vItagh 'ach not vIta'law'.

}I have got as far as Act2 Scene3. 'If I guarded Gre'thor's gate, it
}would be necessary to open it many times.' (literal transcript)

bImughlI''a'?

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level