tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 12 20:53:31 1997

Re: 3 loads of garbage...

ghItlh charghwI':

>> <wejlogh bIHaw'meH Dujvo' Dalo'ta'bogh veQ vIteqnIS>
>
>Close, but I don't think it works:

Neither do I, actually. But I felt it worthy of discussion...

>Three times, from the in-order-that-you-flee ship, ... This is
>where it falls apart. A noun with {-vo'} on it cannot act as
>object of a verb. It is a locative. Locatives are locatives, not
>objects. Since {Dujvo'} is a locative, it can't be object of
>{Dalo'ta'bogh}, so {Dalo'ta'bogh} immediately becomes a headless
>relative clause and the sentence turns to mush.

jIyaj...'ach 'oy'qoq 'oHchu'... It would be so neat if that could work!

>Besides, what exactly is a "load" of garbage? Enough to fill a
>shuttlecraft? A trash bag? A pickup truck?

nom vIjang -  jISovbe'. 'ach mu'vam wIqeltaHvIS, veQ *load* ngaSchu'
lupDujHom'e' tebbogh veQ.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level