tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 10 18:32:04 1997

RE: KGT: new words NOT in the glossary

[email protected] on behalf of TPO wrote:
> MO should have made an index for KGT.
> Instead of simply looking up a word in the glossary, an index would allow us
> to look up how he used it.

While I agree with this, I have found the Table of Contents to be invaluable
in finding information in KGT.  Usually I'll know if my query lies in ARGOT:
SPECIALIZED VOCABULARY -- WARFARE -- Weaponry: Modern, or LANGUAGE CHANGE AND
STAYING CURRENT -- VOCABULARY: SLANG, or whatever.  This limits the number of
pages I have to flip through to find the answer.

In looking at the contents of KGT, I wonder if an index would even have been a
practical thing in such a book.  It would have been either too long, or not
detailed enough to find anything.

SuStel
Stardate 97860.4

Back to archive top level