tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 06 22:27:51 1997

Re: Question-Relative Clause

<< We are not saying that "questions are not sentences."  They most certainly

 are.  We are saying that the very existence of and grammatical structure of
 {-bogh} makes it exceedingly unlikely that question words do the same job it

 does. >>

peHruS here:

I am not saying that question words do the same job as {bogh} constructions.
 I am saying that TKD 6.2.5 is very clear, to me, that {'e'} constructions
are two separate sentences and that {'e'} is the Object of the second
sentence; and, that same {'e'} refers back to the entire first sentence.
 {bogh} constructions are valid.  I do not disagree one wit.

Back to archive top level