tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 06 22:17:40 1997

Re: Sentence as Object

In a message dated 97-11-06 09:05:09 EST, Sustel writes:

<< If
 you stated {puq qIb loD 'e' luSov} "They know that the man hit the child,"
 they DO know about the man, they DO know about the hitting, and they DO know

 about the child.  They know all about the action that these actors were
 involved in.  That is what Sentence as Object is all about. >>

As I have been pointing out recently, TKD 6.2.5 does not address what we know
about any part of speech of the first sentence referred back to by {'e'} the
Object itself of the second sentence.  The reference is to the ENTIRE first
sentence, period!!!

peHruS

Back to archive top level