tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 06 22:13:10 1997

Re: Plans

In a message dated 97-11-06 08:58:38 EST, Qermaq writes:

<< The sentence used as an object must be a fact or concept which can be
 weaseled into acting as a noun, which is represented by the pronoun <'e'>.
 <'e' vISov> REALLY means "I know that" and "that" is a pronoun which
 represents the noun phrase "the fact or concept expressed by the last thing
 said". >>

jIQochqu'
According to TKD 6.2.5 there are {pagh} number of examples showing that {'e'}
translates as "that which".  We merely translate such sentences back into
English with "that" or "which" because that's what seems right to us in
English.  That does not make it right in tlhIngan Hol.

Please see my previous post.

Meanwhile, please do not construe that I reject the {bogh} construction.  I
believe in it, too.  I am merely attempting to point out, ever so clearly,
exactly how MO has already defined "Sentences As Objects".

peHruS

Back to archive top level