tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 06 21:18:31 1997

Re: First Post! and Hamlet Q?

tlhob Stephen Floyd:
>"I am but mad north north west, when the wind is southerly I know a Hawk
>from a hansaw."
>Pondering this today, I realized it would be much more authentic if I had it
>in the original Klingon. I know you have Hamlet translated, (are there still
>bound copies available?) and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to
>say it?

I happen to have been reading that scene a couple of days ago.  I know just
where to find it...flip...flip...flip...toH!

  [Hamlet, lut 'ay' cha' lut 'ay'Hom cha' (nav javmaH Soch)]
  000 DoD 2 QuvDaq jImaw'.  choHDI' lurghvetlh pIm toQDuj to'baj je,
  'e' vIghovlaH.

Translated a wee bit more literally than the "usual" interpretation, it says:

  [Hamlet, Act II, Scene II (page 67)]
  I am crazy at coordinates 000 mark 2.  I can recognize that a Bird of
  Prey and a {to'baj} are different as soon as that direction changes.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level