tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 06 00:03:38 1997

Re: KLBC: verb suffix on noun ?

<< My view is that "mark (in coordinates)" is a separator, and the section
 numbering in the dictionary can be considered as coordinates.  {DoD} is
 arguably appropriate here; I hope everyone can accept the argument as a
 valid one, even if they disagree with it.  A decimal point indicates the
 boundary between integer and fraction parts in a digital representation
 of numbers, and while the section labels do follow a numerical sequence,
 they aren't really numbers.  And there is *never* more than one decimal
 point in a number.

 I've got no problems pronouncing an IP address like 128.0.0.1 as
 {wa' cha' chorgh DoD pagh DoD pagh DoD wa'}.  Most people pronounce this
 use of "." with the word "dot", not "point".

 -- ghunchu'wI'

jIQochbe'
mIwvam vIlo' je jIH

peHruS