tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 06 00:00:27 1997

Re: Epic Poetry

<<   I recall on Friday at the qep'a', Dr. Schoen said that one thing
 >he'd like to see translated was the epic poetry, like Homer and Gilgamesh.
 >(This was during a talk, not an offhand remark.)  Has there been any
 >headway on that? >>

I have translated Homer's The Iliad, Book 1.  I began posting my translations
on this listserv for corrections; but, no corrections or comments have come
forth.  I would love to have an absolutely correct translation of Homer; I
simply doubt that I did not make any mistakes.  Perhaps more of you will read
my The Iliad and help with your ideas.  Then, I will feel more like posting
more of it because we will be working together toward accuracy.

Thank you all in advance, peHruS

Back to archive top level