tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 01 19:36:44 1997

Re: KLBC: paqleD

At 12:27 97-11-01 -0800, you wrote:
}I don't know if there's a word for Pakled, but I think I've seen *paqleD*
}somewhere...(?)
}
}chamwI':  DaH nuq jatlh cha' ?
}paqleD:  jatlh <ghuSchugh ENTER wIv>
}chamwI':  qay''a'?
}paqleD:  ghorgh ghuS De'wI'?
}
}Tech Support:  "What does the screen say now?"
}Person:  "It says, 'Hit ENTER when ready'."
}Tech Support:  "Well?"
}Person:  "How do I know when it's ready?
}
}Is there a way to say in Klingon "Are you ready?" I took {ghuS} as being
}ready, but I know it's used only for launching, so don't look if it makes
}sense, just look at the grammar }};-)

ghuS definitely only refers to being ready to launch projectiles, and makes
no sense here.  To say "ready" in Klingon you must say what you are ready to do.

bItaghrup'a'?  bItaHrup'a'?  bImevrup'a'?  bIHeghrup'a'?

Now try to translate the Boy Scoot/Girl Guide motto. :)

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level