tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 28 06:14:33 1997

Re: Religon Klingon style

Paul B. Duke wrote:

> On Tue, 27 May 1997 23:24:02 -0700 (PDT),
> [email protected] wrote about Religon Klingon style:
> > Is there a Klingon Religion? Are there such things as Klingon monks? If
> > there is a Klingon religion, would it involve sacrfices? I ask these because
> > I've never seen a Klingon pray.

> studying the teachings of qeylIS and desire to join him and the Black Fleet
> when they die.
>
> Kavok

The rituals at the death of a Klingon, the myth about the Black Fleet,
the "way of the warrior" like studying of fighting techniques which
reminds me very much of zen, all that looks pretty much to me as if
the religion of the Klingon simply is defined by the "way of the
warrior"
and what comes with it, pretty much similar to that of an old eastern
swordsman.

QetlhIS

Back to archive top level