tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 27 23:55:22 1997

RE: Spanish/Greek influence

Well, all vowels in Klingon are pronounced exactly as Spanish vowels, that
is, one single non-compound sound for each letter. By the way, in Spanish
we don't have long or short vowels, but we can extend a vowel to add
emphasis to a certain word in the sentence.

(I just though I'd give my thoughts on something I do know :) )

Qapla'
-Mago
*      Diego "Mago" de Miguel       *    e-mail: [email protected]    *
*       Architecture student        *  http://www.aq.upm.es/~a26979  *
*                                                                    *
*       yIn Dajuvchugh DIS tIlo'Qo'.  tlhInganpu' yay tIlo'.         *

----------
> De: Marian Schwartz <[email protected]>
> A: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Asunto: Spanish/Greek influence
> Fecha: lunes 26 de mayo de 1997 17:44
>

> 	qoror here.  Hmm... I just realized that my spoken tlh. Hol is being
> influenced by either Spanish or Greek -- I'm not sure which.  Lately,
I've been
> pronouncing my tlhIngan {o}'s like Spanish {o} or Greek omikron, both in
which
> it's a combination of long and short {o}.  You can easily tell it apart
from
> tlhIngan {a}, but it's also noticably different from the legitimate {o}.

> Qapla'
>
> PS.  If there are any languages that have that sound too, sorry for not
knowing
> about them.

Back to archive top level