tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 26 09:35:25 1997

Spanish/Greek influence

	qoror here.  Hmm... I just realized that my spoken tlh. Hol is being
influenced by either Spanish or Greek -- I'm not sure which.  Lately, I've been
pronouncing my tlhIngan {o}'s like Spanish {o} or Greek omikron, both in which
it's a combination of long and short {o}.  You can easily tell it apart from
tlhIngan {a}, but it's also noticably different from the legitimate {o}.

Qapla'

PS.  If there are any languages that have that sound too, sorry for not knowing
about them.

Back to archive top level