tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 26 19:27:06 1997

RE: history and development of Kingon

[email protected] on behalf of Melitta Duerr wrote:

> I would like to know if there is any literature on the development
> and history of the  Kingon language.
> Was or is there any scientific research on the linguistic development
> of Klingon?
> I do not speak any Klingon, not yet, but I am very interested in it,
> linguistically.

So far, all we can do is piece together the bits and pieces that Marc Okrand
has given us in his sources, such as The Klingon Dictionary, the language
tapes, a couple of articles in HolQeD, The Klingon Way, and wherever else he
has spoken.  There has been a lot of speculation on the development of "Old
Klingon" in HolQeD, the KLI's quarterly journal (which you can find on the
KLI's site: go to the homepage, and follow the merchandise link).

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level