tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 21 12:30:54 1997

Re: qep'a' loSDIch

& Lawrence wrote:
& >The qep'a' loSDIch is only about six weeks away.
& >If you're still waffling about whether or not to attend the qep'a'
& >the best advice I can give you is to talk to some of the folks who
& >have been there in years past.

Qunchuy wrote:
& My pre-emptive advice is that if you're even thinking about whether
& you want to attend or not, YOU WANT TO ATTEND! Even if all you do is
& marvel at the others having *real* spoken conversations in tlhIngan
& Hol, you've got to be there.

So Qov is going to say:
Yeah, he's right. Until you've felt it, you don't know the emotional
value of being in a room full of people who not tolerate but
genuinely appreciate the work you've put into learning tlhIngan Hol.
So here I go again crossing three time zones and an international
border so I can headbutt everyone, trade horrible puns and biting
insults, eat with my hands in public, scream "tlhIngan maH!" and hear
it echoed by a crowd of tlhIngan warriors, get laughed at for finding
uses for words no one else bothered to memorize, get laughed at again
when I put the wrong prefixes on them, and have a screamingly good
time with a bunch of truly interesting people.

And I have a roommate already.  Pity her. :)

-Qov

Back to archive top level