tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 18 14:27:16 1997

Re: Ha' on adverbs

ghItlh voragh
>10. What has Lady Di done now?  DaH nuq ta'pu' Day joH?
>    (What has Lord/Lady Di accomplished now?)
>    [The title joH, meaning "Lord", is also used for a woman, i.e.
>    "Lady".]

This seems to support the notion of transliterating Klingon names, even though
it -is,- no doubt, confusing at times, as well as what I've always believed,
that titles of rank and position should go after a proper name, such as "Qanqor
HoD."

By the way, it is Maltz who did this, but if it were me who needed to do it, I'd
say "DaH chay' vangpu' Day joH?" "How has Lady Di acted now?"

Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level