tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 07 16:11:28 1997

RE: qI' (was: vaj KLBC)

charghwI' jang SuSvaj:

> jIQochnIS.  There are other examples in TKD where objects are included
> ostensibly to clarify meaning.  For example, "fire (v)" is followed by
> (torpedo, rocket, missile).  I doubt that we are expected to limit our use
> of *baH* to only these three objects.  Phasers, & disruptors, also apply.

I've often wondered about this, and now I think I know the answer.  I believe
that Gowron, in KCD, had the ship's disruptors locked on the bartender's ship,
and shouted {baH}.  This would seem to confirm SuSvaj's assertion.  Still, I'm
not so sure this is what Okrand had in mind with {qI'}.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level