tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 23:56:58 1997

Re: KLBC: Conversational Klingon

> >   rut jatlhtaH nuq jIyajbe'.
> >   (sometimes I don't understand what they are saying)
>
> Don't try to use question words as pronouns.  Usually, you can use the suffix
> {-bogh} to convey a relative clause; see TKD 6.2.3.

	jIqIm  (I'll pay attention).

	There is a expression for "again"?  As:

  here it comes again
     or
 I need read the TKD again and again

I could guess:  ghoSqa' 'oH naDevDaq
      and       tlhIngan mu'ghom vIlaDnISqa'qu'

> In this case, though, it's not necessary.

	So, an I say: rut jatlhtaHbogh mu'mey vIyajbe'   (?)
                     (sometimes I do not understand the words which they are saying)

Of course, it run out the initial propouse, but gramatically, is this sentence correct?

> rut mu'meychaj vIyajbe'.
> Sometimes I don't understand their words.
>
> Who are "they"?

	In that case, the 2 speakers. I lost in some words in their dialog !

--
Francisco Fonseca; Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
Belo Horizonte MG - Brasil

Back to archive top level