tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 20:51:53 1997

Re: qI' (was: vaj KLBC)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 21:01:36 -0700 (PDT)  TPO <[email protected]>
wrote:

> >We know from TKD that {qI'} means "sign (a treaty)."  How do we know we can
> >use it for "sign (a book)?"  Please tell me your source.
>
> My oppinion, for what it's worth...I believe putting "(a treaty)" in the
> definition was just to clarify that it is the act of putting your name down,
> as opposed to meaning something like a hand signal type of signing.
>

> DloraH

And my opinion, for what it is worth, is that it means the act
of signing a treaty or some other contract or promise. Signing a
book would seem very different. When I sign a book:

paq vIquvmoHmeH paqDaq pongwIj vIghItlh.

It is less of a promise than a drawing.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level