tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 07:05:29 1997

RE: yIHmey

jIHvaD jang SuStel:
>> I agree; it seems intuitive to my English mind, but I don't want to assume
>> it makes sense to a Klingon mind. If <Qu'vaD lI' De'vam> makes sense,
>> does <Qu'vaD lI'be' De'vam> also?
>
>I don't see why not.  "Beneficiary" does not mean that something good
happens
>to it.  "This information is not useful."  The mission is then said to be
the
>beneficiary of this non-usefulness.  The mission is what "gets" the
>non-usefulness of the data.

Now what about other stative verbs? <Qu'vaD Qatlh De'vam> ? Is the mission
the beneficiary of difficult information? That makes some sense, so can I
use <jIHvaD Daj tlhIngan Hol>, for 'Klingon is interesting for me' ? Am I
the beneficiary of Klingon being interesting? Can I write an entire paragraph
only of questions? ;)

ja' charghwI': rejmorgh DaDataH. chaq lugh. reH lugh charghwI' net Sov.

- DaQtIq

Back to archive top level