tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 05 22:49:56 1997

RE: yIHmey

[email protected] on behalf of DaQtIq wrote:
> >I agrree. "being difficult" somehow doesn't go with a "beneficiary"
> >[...]
> >I think, "being useful" goes very well with the concept of benefiting
> >someone/something, though.
>
> I agree; it seems intuitive to my English mind, but I don't want to assume
> it makes sense to a Klingon mind. If <Qu'vaD lI' De'vam> makes sense,
> does <Qu'vaD lI'be' De'vam> also?

I don't see why not.  "Beneficiary" does not mean that something good happens
to it.  "This information is not useful."  The mission is then said to be the
beneficiary of this non-usefulness.  The mission is what "gets" the
non-usefulness of the data.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian