tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 04:37:14 1997

Re: The Klingon Anthem! At last!

On  5 May 97 at 14:11, McReynolds wrote:

> That's funny, I've never taken a singing class in my life (although
> I do play trumpet) and I have no problem singing the anthem.  I
> practied by singing along with the KCD game! If I could send sheet
> music by E-Mail, I'd write out the notes and rhythms.

Simple: make a Midi file of the song and attach that. You can even
add lyric events, to add the text to sing so people can sing along
with it. Any good Midi editor/score printer (like Cakewalk for
instance) should be able to print Midi files as sheet music.

> Hope all of this helps you to get the rhythm down!  If it doesn't,
> I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do!

I don't agree: a Midi file (with lyrics) would be the best option.
You get the whole melody and lyrics. Only problem: someone needs to
create such a Midi file first...

I would be more than happy to make such a Midi file, if only:

1) I had the time for it
2) I had the music and lyrics (I've never heard this song so far)

  Jarno Peschier, final year computer science student, Utrecht University
mailto:[email protected]    http://www.students.cs.ruu.nl/people/jpeschie/
           'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level