tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 02 06:07:49 1997

Re: The Klingon Anthem! At last!

On Date:	97-05-01 19:06:37 EDT
charghwI' said:
>[I don't know. YOU try and figure this out!]

Guess that means me too huh?
First: Hiya.. Krimhurg here. Ive been a lurker for a few years ::waves::..
guess I should get at least a post in every once in a while ;).
Second: This is not wholely my work.. I have seen (as you have) many posts on
this subject and used other posts in helping me to compile this. So to give
credit where credit is due: thanks to posts by chargwI' , McReynolds,
chovwI', and SuStel (and a few others I dont have the names for right in
front of me).
But I saw the post by McReynolds and it just looked so close.. I had to try
this time.. unfortunately chargwI' beat me to the post (ok.. I decided to
post anyways). But I digress...
Finally: For the sake of completeness I am posting the whole thing (no
groaning in the back) and what seems to me to be the most probbable
translation. Give it a listen and see if you like it.

Qoy qeylIS puqloD

Kahless's son listen.

Qoy puqbe'pu'

Daughters' listen.

yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI'

They which are brave, they which are loyal and warriors

SeymoHchu' mayu'

Are clearly excited when we question them.

maSuv manong 'ej macho'chu'

We fight, we are passionate, and we clearly succeed (to authority)

nI'be' yInmaj 'ach wuv Qu'

Our lives are short, but our mission depends on it.
(possibly also are mission is bright (wov Qu'))

batlh maHeghbej 'ej yo' qIjDaq

We certainly die honorably in the Black Fleet.

vavpu'ma' DImuvpa' reH maSuvtaH

Before we join our fathers we are always fighting.

Qo' mamevQo' maSuvtaH, ma'ov

No, we don't stop! We fight continuously, we compete!

Well.. there it is... try it on.. see if you like it...
If you do then use it..
If you dont then Im sorry fer waistin yer bandwith..

Krimhurg

Back to archive top level