tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 01 12:18:05 1997

Re: be'pu' (was KLBC)

According to DaQtIq:
> rejmorgh vIDa 'e' vIlajqang 'ach qechvamvaD <-vaD> vIlo'DI' taQlaw'.
> (mu'tlheghvetlhDaq <-vaD> vIlo'chu'.)
>
> tlhIngan mu'ghom vIlaDqa' 'ej rejmorgh vIDa <Qu'vaD lI' De'vam>mo'
> 'e' vItlhoj.
>
> - DaQtIq

Ahh, but remember that this line was one of those Valkris was
filmed saying in English, then redubbed in Klingon. Okrand had
to match lip movements. The subtitle was something like "You'll
find it useful." There was no mention of "for the mission" in
the subtitle, but Okrand needed to add something to give her a
reason to keep her lips moving. Note that lip movements for
"You'll find" look a lot like {Qu'vaD}, "it" looks a lot like
{lI'} and "useful" loosely matches {De'vam}.

In other words, I don't tend to depend on Valkris's words as
the most shining examples of Okrandian canon. Sometimes they
are downright UNIQUE examples, like the single {rIntaH} line...

charghwI'

Back to archive top level