tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 30 06:51:35 1997

RE: KLBC: lIy Hale-Bopp

ghItlh HurghwI'
>If being translated with "be" is the only requirement, couldn't we just add
<taH> to all these? <pumtaH 'oH> means "It is falling," so <pumtaH> could
be translated as "be falling." Perhaps one reason he put the "be" there is
to indicate intransitivity.<

Still, if we decide to use verbs that are actions as TKD but we have resolved
that they're states, wouldn't that lead to confusion over what verb is the main
clause and what verb is just describing the noun?  --qoror

Back to archive top level