tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 29 10:33:36 1997

Re: Soppy Klingon

 -=| Quoting ghunchu'wI' to Lisa Stapp Re: Re: Soppy Klingon |=-

 gh> Correct.  There is no Klingon verb that matches the English verb
 gh> "love."

 gh> There are many ways to express the idea that you care deeply for
 gh> someone: {bangwI' SoH}
 gh> {qaSaHqu'}
 gh> {qaQorgh vIneH}
 gh> {qaparHa'qu'}
 gh> {qamuSHa'}
 gh> {bomDI' 'IwwIj qaqaw}

 gh> For "Be my Valentine" I might say {bangHomwI' yImoj}.

I never realized what a catch-all verb "love" can be until I
started playing with tlhIngan Hol -- and my English has changed
because of it.  While I still enjoy saying "I love you," saying
exactly what I mean pleases me more.

Some of my favorites include:
chobelqu'moH.
bIDun.
qaghajnIS.

Too bad this is a list that might get to easily corrupted
people...  <wink>  Some of DaQtIq's erotic literature is most
enjoyable.

... I have PMS and a Klingon Bird of Prey. Any questions?
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Back to archive top level