tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 28 10:13:32 1997

Re: Soppy Klingon

ja' QeylIS, SuvwI'pu' pIn'a'qoq:
>There isn't actually a verb for love in Klingon to my knolledge.

Correct.  There is no Klingon verb that matches the English verb "love."

>  However
>below I has used "bang" as a verb.  I don't know if this is authodox and I
>shouldn't be doing it but perhaps it is possible????

No.  Accurately, straightforwardly, aggressively, and strongly:  No.

>1. qabangqu'

Absolutely not.  {bang} is not a verb.

>However this is your safest bet:
>2. SoH bangwIjvaD
>Lit. translated as "My love is intended for you"

Also, no.  The grammar is completely twisted, but worse yet the noun
{bang} does not mean what you're intending it to say here.  It means
"beloved" or "loved one".  It does not refer to the emotion of love.

There are many ways to express the idea that you care deeply for someone:
{bangwI' SoH}
{qaSaHqu'}
{qaQorgh vIneH}
{qaparHa'qu'}
{qamuSHa'}
{bomDI' 'IwwIj qaqaw}

For "Be my Valentine" I might say {bangHomwI' yImoj}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level