tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 27 21:09:55 1997

Re: KLBC: lIy Hale-Bopp

tlhob 'Iwvan:
>Is there any reason to think that {wew} `glow' doesn't express a state?

I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'a state'.

I think {wew} and {Sal} and {meQ} belong in the same category,
and I think they are more active than {boch} and {jen} and {tuj}.

I tend to believe that if {meQ} indicated 'a state or quality'
instead of an action, it would have been defined as "be on fire"
instead of "burn".  Similarly with {Qong} and {qet} and {ba'}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level