tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 26 14:11:59 1997

Re: KLBC: Practicing...

jatlh SuStel:

> But the big mistake is that you have any object on {Quch} at all!  Remember,
> {'e'} is not a sentence conjunction, it's an object.  Just like a noun can be
> an object.  So, if {'e'} is like any other object, what would *{targh vIQuch}
> mean, for instance?  "I am happy the targ?"  Nonsense!  And it doesn't mean
> that I cause the targ to be happy, because that would be {targh vIQuchmoH}.

I get it now.  That *was* my mistake, I was taking the "that"
translation of {'e'} too literally.  DaH jIyaj!  Maybe I'll get it right
below...

> Qu'vatlh!
> mu'tlheghmeywIj DalaDba'ta', 'ach chojangmeH DIvI' Hol Dalo' jay'!
> tlhIngan Hol yIjatlhchoH!
> qara'!

lu'!  pIj tlhIngan Hol mu'mey vIlo' 'ej batlh vIlo' 'e' vIghoj.
lugh'a'?

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level