tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 25 20:41:52 1997

RE: KLBC?: Suggestion/Question

On Tuesday, March 25, 1997 2:56 PM, [email protected] on behalf of David
Young wrote:

> > I don't know about this sort of thing, but The Klingon Dictionary is
> > *essential* to study Klingon.  I recommend you get one pronto.
>
> Are there any internet sites from which to learn ?

The number one place: the Klingon Educational Virtual Environment, or KEVE
MUSH.

telnet://mush.kli.org:2218

That's the Klingon MUSH.  If you stick around, you may run into someone who's
willing to help you out.

Also, go to the KLI's homepage:

http://www.kli.org

And follow the links to the various bits.  There's this mailing list, the
MUSH, David Barron's postal course (NOT an e-mail course), and the Talker
site.

If you're asking about an online dictionary, there really isn't one (or
shouldn't be; that's a copyright infringement).  However, the vocabulary can
be obtained in programs, I believe you can find a good one on Holtej's site:
http://www.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/
The problem there is that you cannot learn the grammar from it.

So, grab a copy of the paperback!  The KLI's merchant page will let you order
one if you cannot find it in a nearby bookstore, or if they cannot order it.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level