tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 25 20:09:13 1997

Re: RE: KLBC&KBTP, Biblical translation

ja' TimHagg:
>Nick's translation of Mark is on the KLI web site and is in fact copy written
>to them.  This would imply that the KLI at least accepts Nick's work and that
>it is in some sense official.  Do I have that wrong?  Will the KLI  publish
>anything.  Aren't they responsible for the form, if not the content, of the
>things they publish?

"Official"?  Nick's work and words come from Nick.  My work and words
come from me.  If people like how someone else says something and they
decide to emulate it, that shouldn't be a problem.  But in what way is
such material "official"?  It shouldn't be used to resolve disputes of
grammar; so far, only Marc Okrand's writings have that authority.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level