tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 23 08:58:26 1997

Un-Digesting the list

On Sun, 23 Mar 1997, McReynolds wrote:

|P.S. How does one go about setting the list back to normal mode after
|its been set to digest?  I know to set digest, the command is set
|tlhIngan-Hol mail digest, but how do you get back?  I'm on digest now,
|and it is quite annoying when you want somewhat realtime interaction!

The easiest way is to just unsubscribe from the (digested) list and
immediately resubscribe to the (default) regular list. At least, it worked
for me when I changed the format. You may have to do this in two separate
messages.

There may be a more "elegant" (as the programmers say) one-command
solution, but my version gets the job done. You will be sent a new copy of
the "Welcome Message" automatically when you resubscribe, though.

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level