tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 22 08:17:38 1997

RE: Klingon Library Posters

ghItlh SuStel
>jatlh Qo'neS:

> > How do I express "hurl, throw, fling, pitch, toss"?
> >
> how about *woDlurgh* = {throw away to}?

No.  We are not allowed to combine verbs with other words.

In this case, you can use a noun with {-Daq} attached to indicate what you
mean.  I could have sworn there was a word which meant "launch a projectile,
whether it be a rocket, a sling, or anything else."  If I'm right in thinking
it's {baH}, then you could say things like

bangDajDaq paq baH
He launches a book at his love.

Can someone tell me where I'm remembering this from?<

Maybe you got it from the discussion of the word ghuS in 4.2.2. of TKD.  It
says:
"The verb ghuS can also be used in reference to, among other things, rockets,
missles, and various kinds of energy beams (which, like torpedoes, go from one
point to another).  It is also used to describe the action of pulling back the
elastic band of a slingshot."

Qapla'

qoror

Back to archive top level