tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 20 18:04:15 1997

RE: Klingon Library Posters

jatlh Qo'neS:

> > How do I express "hurl, throw, fling, pitch, toss"?
> >
> how about *woDlurgh* = {throw away to}?

No.  We are not allowed to combine verbs with other words.

In this case, you can use a noun with {-Daq} attached to indicate what you
mean.  I could have sworn there was a word which meant "launch a projectile,
whether it be a rocket, a sling, or anything else."  If I'm right in thinking
it's {baH}, then you could say things like

bangDajDaq paq baH
He launches a book at his love.

Can someone tell me where I'm remembering this from?

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level