tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 22 05:44:08 1997

RE: question about 'ar

Message text written by "HurghwI'"
>I'm curious how one would go about saying "It can't be understood," or "It
is inedible." <

Well, I just thought of something for the second sentence, but I have no idea
for the first:  Sopbe'nISlu'.
Also, it keeps popping up in my head that Okrand meant to say that, because they
didn't have much to do with each other, -lu' and -laH *could* be used together,
and he was just thinking that it was a peculiar one but reversed it.  After all,
you don't need cautioning to use -chu' and -law' together.  That used to happen
to me all the time -- I needed to do something, but was thinking about it so
hard I forgot about it.  (I know that sounds like a paradox, but that's really
the way it was.)   -qoror

Back to archive top level