tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 21 02:41:45 1997

KLBC Dax & nuq Hech jIH

David Trimboli wrote:

>                        Postage paid by: [Image]

Pardon me SuStel. I am only a beginner {{{:-)
translation to terra'ngan Hol is:

> jatlh Qo'NeS:
>
> > nuqneH!
Hello
> > jI laD "nongqu' Dax
I read "nongqu' Dax"
> > jI nong neH Wor'Iv qu'
I would like to be passionate with Worf
> > Dax be' HoSghaj
Dax is a powerful female
> > jI neH rur
I want to be like her
> > Sov tlhIngan neH
She knows how to behave like a klingon
> What I DO like is that you're trying to say your own sentences, not just
> trying to translate someone else's.  That's good.
>
> > jI HoH cha' yu'
I will kill off two questions here
> > nuq Hech *qaStaHvIS* je *par'mach*
what do *qaStaHvIS*  *par'mach* mean?

I gathered from the TKD that {Hech} DID "mean what do you mean?"
> As for {parmaq}, I don't know if the word has been added to charghwI''s New
> Words list yet.  It means something like "love," but its exact meaning and its
> grammatical role are uncertain.  It's probably a noun.
it is in a DS9 episode title isn't it?
> > jI jatl "be'nI' mubbeq tlhIngan jIH"

> > Hech *I am in the Klingon Strike Force*

> Well, if you want to say "during trouble," it will come out as {qaStaHvIS
no sorry for the confusion all these were was possible meanings for
those 2 words i asked you about
> Seng}.

> I'm not sure why you added the word {be'nI'} in there.  Are you talking to
> your sister?  Also, you misspelled {Hubbeq}.  This is "Defense Force," not
> "Strike Force."
there is a role playing and general lunacy club called The Klingon
Strike Force!
check out http:///www.webclone.com/sites/gaspode/ksf

> tlhIngan HubbeqvaD Dujmey vItI'
> I repair ships for the Klingon Defense Force.
How did you guess? :)

Qo'neS K'Mpec

Back to archive top level