tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 18 21:59:46 1997

RE: KLBC: lIy

jatlh SI'IluD:

> ghomvaD SatlhIj 'ej SuStelvaD qatlhIjneSqu'

Actually, you've kind of doubled up the objects here.  I think you were
thinking of "To the group: I apologize to you, and to SuStel: I apologize to
you, sir."

I don't know if I like seeing {tlhIj} take an object.  It looks like "I
apologize you."  I like the {-vaD} better.

ghomvaD jItlhIj 'ej SuStelvaD jItlhIjneSqu'.

I'm not completely sure how one would interpret the {-neS} here; it seems to
be the thing to use in direct address, not in a statement of fact.  If you
want to use it, you might consider addressing me directly:

ghomvaD jItlhIj.  SuStel, SoHvaD jItlhIjneSqu'.

DaH jIjang:

qay'be' SI'IluD.  ram QaghlIj.  quv DaHutlhchoHbe'.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level