tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 15 13:26:08 1997

Re: vertical and horizontal

jatlh Voragh:
>|"Move horizontaly" is <nech>. There is no word for vertical movement.
>|
>|-HurghwI'
>
>There are four such verbs, actually. In Klingon you have to specify in
>which vertical direction you're moving. I'm surprised you didn't find them
>since you remembered that {nech} was listed in TKD as "lateral, be lateral,
>move laterally." (Frankly, I wouldn't have thought of that.)
>
>Sal	"ascend"
>toS	"climb" - defined on MSN as "to move upward"
>
>ghIr	"descend"
>pum	"fall" - defined on MSN as "to move downward without restraint
>	(due to gravity)"

Actually, when I was writing a copy of the dictionary, I wrote it in as
"move horizontaly," too, so it was easy to look up. I hadn't thought of
those ones, I guess I wasn't thinking very openly.

-HurghwI'

>-- Voragh

Back to archive top level