tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 14 01:32:43 1997

Re: Star Trek: tlhIngan

K'Tam Sor,

>>Question:
>>Has anyone here gotten sound from StarTrek Klingon with the following
>>combination? Win95/GUS PnP(8Mb)with latest public beta 3 W95 driver
>>
>>The weird part is that the Language Lab works perfectly, so do the
>>demos of Omnipedia and the TechRef Manual...
>>
>>Raj

>Yes, I had trouble and still do, but as you said
>it's in the program. The sound runs slower than the video and
>there is nothing you can do that I've found that will fix this
>error. Just live with it.

Uh, this indicates you _have_ sound. I had (note the past tence)
absolutely NO sound. I also tried Gravis, and to my utter amazement
I had a fix within 1 hours <VBG> They're shipping the final version
of the version 2 Win95 drivers, and it solved _my_ problem.
BTW. the final version is only available from their website
(http://www.gravis.com/) and not from their CIS forum

I can now enjoy Gowron jumping all over me for being indecisive or
just a plain Quahom (pardon the misspelling, haven't yet mastered
the grammar, should have prefixed the subject to indicate I'm a
newbie at thlIngan I guess) ;-)

I did notice some delays sometimes, but these are mostly related to
  - not having enough free diskspace to extend the swapfile
  - not having enough memory free (AAR of running background tasks)
  - not having rebooted after using MS stuff other than W95

I found that it ran much better if I first let my PC do a fresh
reboot. I did notice that it gets very jittery when you stop the
playback to check out an IP, it has to completely resync video and
sound after that and it looks like there are timing problems.
Not having enough free diskspace could also account for that (I'm
running a bit low at the moment)

Qapla'
Raj (still in need for a tlhIngan name;-)

Back to archive top level