tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 13 11:59:34 1997

Re: Addendum 6.4 Syntax

Message text written by voqHa'wI'
>At 19:27 12/03/97 -0800, you wrote:
> In my addendum (pg 179) the "Tag question are formed by using the
> verb "gar" (with "g")", but in the examples they are using "qar" (with
> "q").  Wich one is the correct?

Given that there is no "g" in tlhIngan Hol, it is definitely {qar'a'}.

voqHa'wI'<

It's just a typo.  The transition from <q> to <g> happens somewhere else, too.
Given that <q> and <g> are nowhere near each other on the keyboard, maybe Okrand
uses a Dvorak keyboard instead of a Qwerty.  (I don't know if <q> and <g> are
next to each other there on the Dvorak keyboard, but i do know that the Dvorak
keyboard is way different.  --qoror

Back to archive top level