tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 09 13:26:50 1997

Re: Quickie (possible spoiler)

'etlhqengwI' says about {mu'vamqoq}:
> > Exactly!  (It's a very terse tlhIngan Hol equivalent to an
> > English sentence like "This sentence is false.")

to which SuStel replies:
> That's what inspired it, but where "This sentence is false" is a loop or
> sorts, my "word" is simply inclusively true.

beg your pardon? what does "inclusively true" mean?
I admit, I have some difficulties in getting the joke;
if you mean, the suffixes are reversed and in the _right_ order
describe the construct with the _wrong_ order, I kinda see it...
(the compound of {mu'vam} with {qoq} is a legal but - at least
to me - unintelligible word)

HomDoq

Back to archive top level