tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 09 08:38:50 1997

RE: I haven't forgotten you

>>> Mark Shoulson has been a suprise help.  He seems REALLY to be a nice guy.
>Yes - I'd have said the same about d'Armond (well I do), except for some
>of his recent reaction.

Have you read any of his responses.  Besides using "questionable" grammar,
(especially the omission of -Daq).  He's wrong about HOW the list works.  The
BEGINNING grammarian does not usually correct ALL messages and as long as it
isn't KLBC (or obvious beginner's) there should be nothing wrong with US
pointing out obvious errors.  People rely on these people to be experts.  YES
when we get in a hurry we make mistakes.  It's only HUMAN.  Unless we point
these out (which other's don't seem to mind on my stuff) people will think
it's OK.

The man is spiteful, vengful, and has a misplaced sense of "superiority".
I'll admit he's good, but his ego is severly overly inflated (without good
cause I'd estimate.)

I agree that Glen did some stupid things, but "let him who is without sin cast
the first stone."  This list and other's have run GLEN through the mud.  And
all behind his back because he doesn't have a computer, he isn't privy to what
goes on (something that Holtej can't seem to get through his thick head even
after it was mention over and over again.)  I don't really like being angry at
the man, but he is WAY too caught up in his jealousy and bitterness it's
frustrating.

I would just like to IGNORE him, but you and others seem to think someone from
the ILS should deal with him.  I offered to HELP Glen, not "RUN" the ILS.
I've inherited more work and headaches.  (SIGH) I like Glen and I really hate
to see all his GOOD work lost because he has to make a living in some remote
area of Siberia.  Mostly I feel bad for his wife who is unfortunitely stuck
with it as well.  Maryse is a really nice person and really out of her league
with KLINGON (and sometimes so am I. )

>>>Hope everything is going well with you.  I'm excited about starting my new
job
>>>on Monday.
>I guess I didn't know you had made a switch?  Where?!  Congratulations and
>good luck!  IT is just a year for me and I'm *GLAD* I did it!!

Yeah, I start at SuperValu on Monday -- Technical Analyst is my title.  They
offered me almost $8000 more a year than Electronic Data Systems was willing
to pay me.  Their stupid "Pay per value" policy doesn't work if their
management people don't take the time to KNOW what their employees are doing.
Over the last three or four years all the really GOOD people have left and on
the average were offered $8000 to $10,000 above their EDS salary.  I was
suckered into the EDS CULTURE for a long time.  Their ideas and "preaching"
are fantastic.  However they don't practice what the preach (at least on the
Account levels.)  Our customer has always supported me and they really like
me.  They are saddened that I left, but they know that it probably the best
for me.  I'd been there almost 10 years (May 17 would have been my 10 yr.
anniversary.)

>>>Today was harder than I thought saying goodbye to everyone.  I
>>>didn't think I'd be so sad.
>It can be that.

I'm really a loner.  But until everyone came for the lunches. (I had four in
the last week.  I didn't know there were so many people who knew me, much less
LIKED me.)  I'm still rather down over it all.  Just got to keep thinking
OPPORTUNITY!

Again thanks for your support.  It's nice to see so many people that stand
with Glen -- It may not be OPENLY, but it's there.

P.S.
Have you seen the letter from Glen where he addresses the "bad PR".  He's sent
it to most of the ILS people I believe.

Back to archive top level