tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 09 20:06:28 1997

RE: KLBC : I need help.

jatlh chech pIn'a':

> > > nuqneq
> >
> > The word is pronounced {nuqneH}.
>
> Sorry typo!  tuHmoH HuS machwIj <hang my head in shame>

"Shame" is in TKD as {tuHmoH} because {tuH} means "be ashamed."  Therefore,
{tuHmoH} means "cause to be ashamed," or "shame."  It's not a noun.

"Head" is {nach}.  This looks like a simple typo.

Finally, this is an English idiom which may not be translatable directly.
Klingons may not use this expression.  BUT, if they do, you've got to put it
together like this:

jItuHmo' nachwIj vIHuS.
Because I am ashamed, I hang my head.

Again, I doubt this expression would be valid.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level