tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 08 18:47:59 1997

Re: KLBC : K'Mpec

>Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 16:53:40 -0800
>From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
>
>jatlh Qo'NeS:
>
>> OK gang here's another for you to check out:
>> "K'Mpec met his death at the hands of DuraS"
>
>*DuraS* ghopDu'mo', HeghDaj ghom *K'Mpec*.

And let's face it, any Klingon will look totally mystified at such a
phrasing instead of "*K'Mpec* HoH *DuraS*."

FWIW, while "at the hands of..." translates fine, I think a Hebrew speaker
would be pretty puzzled at a phrase talking about "meeting death."

~mark

Back to archive top level